Project Proposal.
For this project I aim to create a final Line up consisting of six full garments based on the theme ‘Elemental’ I chose this trend because I could see what type of style I wanted my collection to be which is; natural, calming, relaxed, knitted, high necks, lace up details. To get to this conclusion I will thoroughly research the natural forms by taking a trip to the seaside and collecting primary objects such as; stones, shells, bark, fossils and washed up sea objects. All the things that relate and come to mind when I think of the natural elements; sea, sky, sand, water. This will help me get unusual shapes and textures to develop my designs and also show where I got my colour palette from by the images I have taken. I have chosen too look into waste and global warming and the effects it has on the natural surrounding, for my global context. Looking at a campaign collaboration with Adidas and designer Alexander Taylor. They made a pair of trainers from ocean waste to Raise awareness of the growing environmental issue. At my trip to the beach I will look out for examples of ocean waste and photograph it as evidence for my global context. My Collection target market would be someone aged 19-25, fashion and business orientated. A fashion buyer earning about £60,000 a year, likes to eat out twice a week or more for luxury dinners and Always makes time to go out with friends when not busy with work. Likes to keep up with the latest trends. I would say my collection is wearable for sophisticated daytime looks and is warm, stylish and fashionable. Experimenting with shape and texture is what I will do in my design process before I come to the conclusion of my final six designs to make sure the style and shape will work with the chosen fabrics which are; cotton, knit, leather,and wool felt. The colour chart I will use is a calm selection of colours; light blues, greys, stoney brown, dusky pink and white. I will create My own mood board with the collected primary objects from the beach in a archive box. Also I will create a presentable sketchbook showing my design process from start to finish and sample with the chosen fabrics to help to develop my designs and show what will and what won’t work. Finally showing my six final outfits as a line up with fashion Illustrations.
Robyn Wilson.
No comments:
Post a Comment