Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Evaluation.

Evaluation.
At the beginning of this assignment I had an idea in my head of my final collection being simple, white shirts, big chunky knit and oversized. Then I changed my designs in my last project which then I have worked into again and developed my ideas to create better designs for my final line up with six final designs. Throughout my project my ideas have changed a lot on the decision of my primary research being fuller with shape and textures. My trip to the beach really opened my eyes and gave me much more inspiration and shapes to design from. Over all my research led me to a better outcome which I am surprisingly happy with. My strengths throughout this project have been different than my last project as I have been able to be more creative and explore more into my theme by gathering more research and further my design developments which made my sketchbook work well with a simple creative theme through out. It made me take more Interest in my sketchbook and experiment more with it, rather than being scared of putting anything into it which where my weaknesses at the beginning of the project. I mostly enjoyed collecting my primary images and objects from the beach and designing more with the shapes and textures. experimenting with media on fabrics and creating different patterns also worked well. I least enjoyed the start of my project as I was finding it difficult to expand from my last brief. designing at the beginning of my design process wasn't as hard as last time as I already had a starting point from previous which was helpful. If I done this project again I would probably make sure I done my research at the beginning rather than few weeks in. My research really influenced my designs because when I would find something different that I liked it would spark an idea for my own designs and help me progress with my design ideas. Over all I am very happy with my project and work that I have produced as I feel my skills have shown progress and I also Enjoyed using Illustrator and incorporating Illustration in my project.

Robyn Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment